If you have any further questions please feel free to Contact us.
1800 669 579
Register your free trial membership today and start saving on your holidays.
Receive three thousand dollars ($3,000) in Getaway Cash travel credits to use towards your holidays. Risk-free 3-month trial, no obligation, no credit card required.
This is a free trial. No payment or credit card details are required. Login details will emailed to you immediately after confirmation. In a nutshell:
Register now to receive a 3-month free trial membership that includes a Getaway Cash account containing $3,000 in discount travel credits to use towards your next holiday in Australia or overseas.
Book within 3 months of registration and use up to $3,000 in travel credits to come off the normal retail price.
There is no obligation. If you do book a holiday with us you automatically activate your Australian Escapes Holiday & Travel Club membership. That's valid for an extra 12 months on top of your 3-month trial (total of 15 months' holiday savings). Use it on Australian holidays and international travel. At the end of 15 months you can choose from one of several very affordable renewal options starting at just $99 for 12 months’ membership. Any unused travel credits roll-over plus you’ll get extra travel credits as well.
You'll receive the lowest possible prices on holiday accommodation and travel combined with professional expertise and dedicated service. That means not only do you get the lowest wholesale pricing, we plan every aspect of your travel with you and take care of all the details so you can have a trouble-free, stress-free holiday and the best overall experience possible.
You must book travel within 3 months to keep and use your $3,000 in Getaway Cash travel credits. However if you cannot book travel within 3 months you can join on a full membership to retain Getaway Cash travel credits in your account. Full membership starts at just $99 per year. Travel can be taken anytime after the booking date. (You are not required to travel within the three month period.)
Getaway Cash (GCash) travel credits reduce the price of your Australian or overseas holiday from retail down to wholesale (or lower).
Example travel package:
Normal retail price: $3,900
Less Getaway Cash travel credits (retail margin): $720
Amount you pay (wholesale price): $3,280
Retail margin levels (Maximum GCash usage):Australian and international hotels and resorts as well as general travel: Up to 40% of the normal retail price. The average is around 20% of the price.
"Normal retail price" is either (a) a competing travel quote or (b) the retail price we estimate that you would pay for your customised travel plan through another travel company offering the same or similar level of service, or (c) the non-member price of a pre-packaged itinerary. The amount of Getaway Cash that can be used is entirely at our discretion.
Getaway Cash cannot be used to get a free holiday. More information is available in the member area. (Membership login details are sent after registration.)
You can use your Free Trial GCash towards the following types of travel:
The 3-month free trial with $3,000 Getaway Cash travel credits is for qualifying domestic and international travel as above. You may only use up to $250 towards the normal price of a domestic cruise-only or accommodation-only (Australia or international) booking.
Usually Yes, sometimes No. For simple bookings involving accommodation and flights we can usually only achieve up to 15% discount off retail prices. Larger trips however are where we can usually achieve very significant savings, sometimes thousands of dollars, but most importantly you get our time and expertise into the bargain. There is more to what we offer than just the lowest prices. We have access to sources of travel products that you might not have heard of, and ways of doing things non-travel-consultants would usually never consider, that can save you significant amounts of money. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Yes, it works fine if you are organising travel for someone else, however it is just as easy for them to register separately.
You must book within the 3-month trial period to activate your full membership and to use some or all of the Getaway Cash travel credits in your account. If you do not book travel within that period the trial will expire and all GCash will be forfeited. However you can join on a full membership before the end of the trial period and retain the $3,000 in travel credits in your account.
1. Purpose: The Getaway Cash (GCash) discount credits system is a method of obtaining and measuring the value of discounts offered by Australian Escapes.
2. Redemption: GCash credits may only be used for the purpose we describe in member information and cannot be redeemed for cash, goods or services except as we specify. You can use your GCash towards the following types of travel:
3. Limits: GCash may be used towards travel up to a limit set by us on a case-by-case basis according to the normal retail price of the package. Each time you make a booking we use Getaway Cash travel credits from your account towards your holiday. The amount used is based on the amount of retail margin in the package. Getaway Cash cannot be used to get a free holiday.
4. Normal price: "Normal retail price" is either (a) a competing travel quote or (b) the retail price we estimate that you would pay for your customised travel plan through another travel company offering the same level of service, or (c) the non-member price of a pre-packaged itinerary. The amount of Getaway Cash that can be used is entirely at our discretion.
5. Interest on points balance: (Applies to Platinum membership and above.) You must remain a member of Australian Escapes Holiday & Club (Travel Directions Pty Ltd) to accumulate interest points on the balance of your Getaway Cash account and to be entitled to other benefits offered to members. Interest is paid in the form of Getaway Cash points and is calculated at 10% of the remaining Value Guarantee Points balance. A maximum of 2,000 interest points can be earned.
"Normal retail price" is either (a) a competing travel quote or (b) the retail price we estimate that you would pay for your customised travel plan through another travel company offering the same level of service, or (c) the non-member price of a pre-packaged itinerary.